SETTING UP A BUSINESS IN MADEIRA.
Madeira Company Registration.
The island of Madeira is an autonomous Portuguese territory.
Madeira companies are governed by the Portuguese Companies Code as set out in Decree Law no. 262/86 and subsequent amendments.
There are many reasons why business owners find Madeira company formation to be a preferable choice. Mentioned below are some of the benefits:
- A reduced corporate income tax rate of 5% is applicable to active income
- Madeira companies are exempt from withholding tax on the distribution of dividends, if certain conditions are met.
- Exemption from withholding tax on interest, service fees and royalties paid to non-residents.
- Exemption from stamp duty, property tax, property transfer tax, and regional and municipal surcharges.
- The double taxation treaties.
- The investment protection treaties.